ISWC 2016 Deadlines Approaching
ISWC 2016 will be taking place in Kobe, Japan from 17-21 October. Tomorrow is the deadline for abstract submissions for ISWC, with full papers due on 30 April. There are three tracks for you to submit to:
- The Research Track: innovative and groundbreaking work on the cross between semantics and the web.
- The Applications Track: benefits and challenges of applying semantic technologies. This track is accepting three different types of submissions on in-use applications, industry applications and industry applications.
- The Resources Track: reusable resources like datasets, ontologies, benchmarks and tools are crucial for many research disciplines and especially ours. Make sure you read the guidelines for describing a reusable resources.
To entice you to come to Kobe, Japan, there are three fantastic keynotes lined up:
- Kathleen McKeown – Professor of Computer Science at Columbia University,
Director of the Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering, and Director of the North East Big Data Hub.
- Hiroaki Kitano – CEO of Sony Computer Science Laboratory and President of the systems biology institute. A truly inspirational figure who has done everything from RoboCup to systems biology. He was even an invited artist at MoMA.
- Chris Bizer – Professor at the Univesity of Mannheim and Director of the Institute of Computer Science and Business Informatics there. If you’re in the Semantic Web community – you know the amazing work Chris has done. He really kicked the entire move toward Linked Data into high gear.
I am co-chairing the Resources Track with Marta Sabou. I hope to be able to welcome you to Kobe.